Year 12 is here. For girls, your priorities are now set on what formal dress you’re going to wear plus finding the right formal partner to match your perfect dress, for boys, your priorities rely on studying for good grades or trying not to get expelled. But every single one of you feels the pressure of making the biggest decision of the year; where to go for schoolies?
Everyone will tell you a different story about their schoolies experience. Because that’s what it is an experience. A once in a lifetime experience based on spending a whole week dedicated to celebrating the last 12 years of your life. Combined with your best friends, the best location and the best parties, you are bound to make some of the best memories of your life. It’s inevitable.
So why choose the Gold Coast? Just like everyone else, I asked myself the same thing. As indecisive as I was, especially at the age of 16, a million different questions ran through my head, ultimately changing my mind every 5 minutes. Since I lived on the Gold Coast I felt the need to venture somewhere else. I am still very thankful that I didn’t & here are some reasons why.
1. Schoolies is a once in a life time opportunity. Don’t miss out your one chance at the best week of your life. No one likes a Toolie, it’s now or never.
2. FOMO – Fear Of Missing Out, need I say more?
3. I was 17 when I finished school, Schoolies holds awesome underage parties including beach festivals with the best entertainment. WINNING!
4. The parties. BEACH PARTIES, POOL PARTIES, ALL AGE PARTIES, PARTIES, PARTIES, PARTIES & more PARTIES.
5. Themeparks, PLURAL. Waterslides, animals; everything from dolphins to tigers, roller coasters, you will never get bored.
6. The Gold Coast is a Surfer’s definition of Paradise. With a whole coast full of amazing breaks, boy’s can enjoy the waves whilst girls enjoy the additional talent aka eye candy.
7. You are staying in a hotel by the beach filled with thousands of other schoolies, all with the same intentions. To celebrate the end of an exceptional era.
8. It’s affordable. Think of it as a layby. Pay $100 to secure your spot and either make small payments or a lump sum before September when the final amount is due. It’s up to you. This gives you plenty of time to save for spending money and with all inclusive apartments, all you need is groceries. For me, it was an absolute bargain!
9. No words can even begin to describe the atmosphere. At your hotel, in your hotel room, in the streets, on the beach, good vibes are everywhere.
10. If your parents are anything like mine, they can rest assure that you are in safe hands. Schoolies organises everything from first aid tents, to excessive amounts of security guards, to red frogs who cook you pancakes for breakfast & clean your room. Everyone’s a winner.
In conclusion, Schoolies is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The Gold Coast is capable of hosting thousands of likeminded graduates all there to enjoy a week dedicated to celebrating the last 12 years of your life. With the help of organised parties, security, safety, and unlimited fun, why would you want to go anywhere else?