You’ve got your accommodation sorted, transport to your Schoolies destination locked in; you know exactly
where the parties will be and which hotel your secret crush
is staying in... but you haven’t even considered what you’re going to pack. Before you start losing sleep over the number of shorts you’re going to need or what you’re going to eat, cast your eyes over the checklist below and be sure to tick off the fundamentals!
- Put your itinerary, travel insurance, a map, wristbands, passport (if you’re venturing overseas) and any other important documentation for your trip in a waterproof folder to take with you - Prepare some easy meals such as lasagne, spaghetti and meatballs, potato bake (recipes to be revealed on the blog closer to Schoolies) that you can easily freeze and defrost at your hotel. Pasta, bread and butter, cheese, eggs, nachos and chips are essential. Allocate recipes to each member of your group so you’ve got plenty of food to share and the task isn’t completely daunting (we can’t all be Jamie Oliver and whip up meals in 15 minutes).
- Pack a pair of underwear for each day that you’ll be away (let’s face it, you’re going to be having too much fun to worry about doing washing and no one likes dirty jocks!)
- Organise an outfit for every day (but please realise that you’ll probably only wear two of those outfits the whole time you’re away)
- Pack a toothbrush, sunscreen, Panadol, band aids (for those nasty blisters you’ll probably develop from dancing too much), condoms (better to be safe than sorry), Dettol or betadine and of course, wet ones.
- Make sure you have a case for your phone (the chances of you cracking your screen are significantly higher without one!)
- Pack comfortable shoes! (if you don’t, your blisters will overcome you and you’ll most likely resort to going barefoot which could lead to getting a chunk of glass in your foot ... trust us, it’s happened to the best of us).
Finally, we suggest triple checking you’ve packed your phone charger, debit card and some COMMON SENSE. We know it’s easy to get over-excited and to accidentally slip up - but do you really want to tarnish your post-school reputation or that lucrative job offer because of one silly mistake you made at Schoolies? .
Have fun, play safe and remember to pack ALL OF THE ABOVE!